Source: Brazilian Cerrado, Brazilian Atlantic Forest
Made by percolation using Cupuacu butter as the medium. Pequi Butter has both the properties of Cupuacu butter and the Pequi pulp together in one product. This is not an hydrogenated butter.
For cosmetic preparations, Pequi oil is highly prized in its whole state for its color and aroma, which seem to enhance the scent of essential oils, as well as for its unique phytochemical composition.
Pequi fruit pulp contains 2.64% protein, 20% lipid, 14% fiber, 19.60% carbohydrate, Palmitic Acid (C16:0), Palmitoleic Acid (C16:1), Stearic Acid (C18:0), Oleic Acid (C18:1), Linoleic Acid (C18:2), Linolenic Acid (C18:3), and Arachidonic (C20:0).
The carotenoids content of a and ß carotene (precursors of vitamin A) in the pequi pulp is approximately 7.46%. It also is an extraordinary source of vitamin B1 (Tiamina) and vitamin B2 (Riboflavina).
Pequi Oil is a God's nectar for healthy, firmer, elastic, supple skin, due to its extraordinary content of vitamin C. It contains approximately 78.72 mg.100 g–1, an amount higher than oranges (approximately 40.9 mg.100 g–1) and lemons (approximately 26.4 mg.100 g–1).
Pequi Oil also contains zinc, copper, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- This profile of amazing antioxidant properties makes Pequi Oil an excellent ingredient in products intended to fight signs of skin aging, such as lines and wrinkles.
- Being a great source of Vitamin C, Pequi Oil also helps to lighten aging spots and recover skin elasticity.
- Applied directly to the skin, Pequi Oil leaves skin rejuvenated and firmer.
- Pequi Oil helps to fight skin infections caused by fungus and yeast, as well fighting common symptoms of psoriasis, such as dryness and scaling.
- Pequi Oil smoothes lines and wrinkles and evens out skin tone.
- Recently discovered by the hair care industry, Pequi Oil has been used as a "miracle" capillary tonic in shampoos, rinses, and leave-in products due to its amazing capacity to restore the hair's fiber after chemical and heat damage. It brings back silkiness, malleability, and shine to the hair.